iCandy pram guide - from Peach to Lime to Orange and beyond
iCandy have created a pioneering range of contemporary pushchairs and prams, with near limitless options to suit you, your baby and your growing family. iCandy is a British brand, with all prams and pushchairs designed and manufactured here in the UK. iCandy promises a smooth ride for both parents and babies, and is well known for eye-catching, striking designs alongside great functionality for family life.
Another notable feature that sets iCandy apart from a lot of other pram brands is their generous 5 years manufacturer’s warranty. This offers true longevity for your pram and therefore excellent value for money. It also shows how confident iCandy is about their build, something we can definitely attest to in our stores as well!
Our favourite features of iCandy pushchairs
- All iCandy carrycots are suitable for overnight sleeping. This is a truly brilliant feature, making nights away easier (there’s a lot of baby gear to pack for a trip!). It also means if your little one enjoys sleeping in her pram for naps, you can simply move the carrycot next to your bed for her at night time, too.
- Seat elevators are included within the cost of every iCandy model. These nifty adaptors allow you to raise the height of the pushchair or carrycot, bringing your baby closer. They also allow you to use your pushchair as a makeshift highchair away from home, bringing your baby up to table height when eating out.
- Every iCandy pushchair we sell comes with the carrycot fabric as well, making it a suitably snug option for your newborn baby right through to the toddler years.
- All iCandy’s have a maximum weight limit of 25kg, which is up to about aged 4 approx. This means the iCandy is the only pushchair you’ll ever need for the baby years and beyond.
- iCandy prams are all travel-system ready, and compatible with MaxiCosi, BeSafe iZiGo & iZiGo Modular, Kiddy Evo, Cybex, Joie iGemm, Nuna Pipa and Recaro Privia Group 0 car seats.
How much does an iCandy pram cost?
iCandy boasts a huge range of prams and the price variance is similarly big. For example, you can currently snag the iCandy Strawberry from us for £350 (RRP £645), whereas the iCandy Peach Cerium from iCandy’s designer collection will set you back around £1,300 as of June 2020.
Because you can choose to convert some iCandy prams into double pushchairs further down the line if you have another baby, this may be an additional future cost to factor in, although it saves on having to replace your pram entirely.
Because the price range is so wide between iCandy pushchairs - and many other brands too - it’s important to think about your budget when pram shopping so that you don’t set your heart on something you can’t afford. It may be possible to spread the cost of your iCandy pram through an interest-free payment plan, if you wanted a pushchair with a bigger outlay than you were comfortable paying for at once.
Finding the best iCandy pram for you
While all iCandy prams have an eye-catching design and quality build in common, there are many differences between the models. Below we give an overview of the iCandy pushchair range, listing key features to help you decide which iCandy could be the right choice for you.
The iCandy Lime comes in a choice of two frames, Moonrock or Chrome and has a very appealing TotalFold feature, allowing the pushchair to be swiftly collapsed in one piece and picked up thanks to the carry strap. It works hard to make family life easy, with an integrated ride-on board for toddlers that can save you the hassle and expense of buying and fitting one separately.
There’s also an iCandy Lime Plus edition available, and this comes with a quality, cosy Duo Pod footmuff and seat liner, as well as a matching iCandy changing bag.
The Orange is one of iCandy’s newer designs and combines contemporary high functionality with the ability to become a double pushchair if needed in the future. There are a couple of extra-special features of the Orange compared with some other iCandy models, which are:
- The ability to keep both of your little ones parent-facing when the Orange is a double.
- The built-in ride-on board for toddler children, which is similar to the iCandy Lime.
The iCandy Orange also has a generous storage basket, which you’ll certainly need if you’re transporting multiple kids!
The iCandy Raspberry is a perfect pram for city living, and the brand considers it the ultimate choice for urban parents. The Raspberry’s design makes it easy to manoeuvre, with a light build and nimble steering. It’s available in a choice of four colours and either a moonrock or chrome frame. Plus, it weighs in at just 6.6kg, making it an incredibly light choice.
The iCandy Strawberry is one of the earlier iCandy’s and there’s now an updated Strawberry 2 on the market. Notable features of the Strawberry includes a stylish leatherette handle and bumper bar and a choice of neutral or statement colours.
The iCandy Peach is an industry leader, famed for its ability to seamlessly transition from a single to double pushchair as your family grows. Even within this one iCandy model, there’s an abundance of choice from the brand, including the designer Cerium edition, the Peach Forrest All Terrain and the iCandy Peach Land Rover All Terrain below.
The iCandy Land Rover, as you might expect from its name, is suitable for adventuring over rough terrain, just like the vehicle it’s named after. With puncture-proof tyres, lockable swivel front wheels and a one-hand seat recline function, this special iCandy edition strives to achieve both comfort and adventure. It also has luxury in common with the Land Rover, boasting a premium design with superior quilted fabrics to offer your baby a smooth ride no matter the terrain.
At Little Angels Prams we offer unpressured, expert advice online, in our stores or over the telephone. If you’d like to find out more about the iCandy range or other prams, pushchairs and travel systems, get in touch here or on 01159 305772 and we’ll be happy to help.